Thursday, July 15, 2010

Financial Freedom

I suppose that many people think of financial freedom as being free from debt or having enough money for their needs AND their wants. I certainly can agree that it is liberating to cast off the shackles of debt and financial desperation. And there are plenty who seek to "make it," to become RICH beyond their wildest dreams.

Yet, how many people actually consider themselves rich? It's been my experience that many who would be considered rich in comparison to the rest of the country (or world) rarely think of themselves as rich. They point to others who have bigger and better toys and say "that person is rich, not me." Funny thing is..."that person" likely doesn't think of themselves as rich, either.

So, if those who have plenty of money and assets don't think of themselves as rich, where is this financial freedom of which we seek?

I'll propose that financial freedom entails more than just how much money one has. In fact, it might be possible to be "poor" and still have financial freedom. Rich and poor are relative terms that describe financial circumstances. Financial freedom describes a mindset.

As I have gotten older I have come to realize that working 60-80 hour weeks is a form of financial incarceration. I've held great positions in the corporate world and received a corresponding wage for my efforts...where long hours were expected and required. Now I find myself enjoying the "freedom" that comes from operating my Kyani business. It isn't just about being self-employed...I've done that a number of times, like Newport Beach East, the modeling school I operated in Provo some years ago. No, it's about choosing a business model that allows me to pace myself and grow my business as I please.

And one of the real benefits is...freedom. Freedom from having to punch a clock or open the doors at a certain hour. Freedom from a business that runs me instead of the opposite. Freedom to have control over what I do each day.

Candidly, while many folks strive to make enough money to substantially improve their financial circumstances, most would be happy to create a business that allows them the freedom to live life as they please. For some, that won't happen unless they are making $10000 a month or more. And for others, an additional $250-$500 a month is just what they need to open the cell doors and bask in their new found financial freedom.

So, determine for yourself what you are seeking to accomplish with your MLM business...and then seek to enjoy the richness of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment